Your pet is more than just a pet, its family. This is why it is so important to find a trust-worthy, reliable pet sitter.
Having a stranger come into your home and care for your baby can be a scary experience.
Here are some things you should do before hiring one:
1) Ask if they are bonded and insured.
2) Verify this by looking them up by going to the insurers website.
3) In addition to being bonded and insured, it’s important that the sitter be a member of a pet welfare association such as The National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS) and Pet Sitters International. You can also look them up at petsitters.org and www.petsit.com. These memberships show strong commitment and integrity.
4) Ask for references.
5) Ask for a service agreement and review it.
6) Ask for a consultation. This gives you the opportunity to get a feel for the person as well as provide interaction with your furry loved one. Always listen to your gut feeling!
7) Ask what happens if the pet sitter is sick or out. Is there coverage? Ask questions, lots of them.
With all this information, you should be ready to choose a wonderful pet sitter and have peace of mind.